Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pour Some Sugar on Me!

So this morning, I'm in the kitchen with Eli...enter Riley.

R: "Hey! It's baby brother!"
Me: "It is! Are you all ready for school? Did you have sweet dreams?"
R (totally disregarding my barrage of questions while trying to get up closer to Eli):"Hey, Mama! I can't sugar him."

I LOVE that he wants to love on his baby brother first thing in the morning!

Last night, we had the first (of many!!) baths with both boys together. Riley and Eli both seemed to enjoy the experience. I wanted to take a picture of them lying side-by-side, but was too scared to leave the room to go get the camera. I'm hoping tonight we can get that done so I can share how different they look! Haven't really thought they favored much; and last night confirmed it - they look nothing alike!

5K UPDATE: So, it's week three of training for the 5K. I'm still not running the full 3.2 miles, but I'm pretty darn close. Slow as Christmas, no doubt, but running it nonetheless. I have the greatest route that I am really loving. For those who live in Louisville or are familiar with the roads, I leave our neighborhood headed up McCullough to Brooksville Road, hang a left on Brooksville Road and then on up to North Columbus. I don't enjoy the stretch on North Columbus because there's too much traffic, but it's a short stretch down to Richardson. Those two big hills near WA are KILLNG me! It's exactly 3.2 miles - and I hope to be running the whole thing by the end of next week (hills and all!).

1 comment:

  1. your comments about your boys looking nothing alike is a great reminder for me. i just can't imagine our new baby looking like anything other than an exact replica of carter!

    ReplyDelete