Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy 6 Weeks to Eli!

Today is Eli's six-week birthday! It's gone by crazy fast - I can't believe it! If I had to guess, I'd say he weighs about 14 pounds (my unofficial measurement on our scales - a little over 13 pounds), and I'm going to try to measure him today to see how long he's gotten (my unofficial measurement - about 23 1/2 inches). He's wearing 6 and 9 month clothes if they are one piece but 3 or 6 month in separates. He's smiling at us more each day - maybe he's growing to like us a little more? He's holding his head up really well and trying to push himself over when on his tummy. He likes to hang out in his bouncy seat and plays on his mat pretty well, too. Bath time has recently become more enjoyable (for both of us!) but he has outgrown his baby tub. We had to move to the big bathtub and a mat because he's so long! His eyes are still blue and his hair is still dark blond/light brown. This week, we saw his first tears. At times, I see him starting to look more like Riley, but not as much as I had anticipated.

We're gearing up for Riley's train party next Saturday. I think he's getting pretty excited! It's hard to believe we'll be celebrating 3!

News on the "house for sale" front: We received word from our agent last night that the man who looked at our house yesterday intends to make an offer Monday! Whoo-hoo! I'm not sure where we'll live yet, but we're excited that we may have our house sold!

5K Note: We're at 34 days to race day! I ran just shy of a mile today. Really wish the scales would start showing some evidence of my efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment