Sunday, December 12, 2010

Some thoughts about my sweet boys...

Over the last few months, I have been incredibly busy at work, so I have truly relished my time  with the boys. They are growing so fast and I wish I could just stop time and enjoy the things they are doing right now. They are so sweet to one another (most of the time) and I want to bottle up their love and save it for about 10 years. Feeling reflective, so thought I'd do just a general update on what they're like and into for those who don't get to see them very often...and for me in a few years when I totally lose it and can't remember anything! :-)



Riley is our funny boy! He is definitely an entertainer and laughter from anyone results in more antics. He's smart and quick to catch on to rhymes and songs. He loves to sing and recently sang his first solo at his daycare program - a rousing rendition of "Grand Ole Flag." He has a great memory and it warms my heart when he tells me the Bible stories he's learning at school and church. Some of his favorites right now are David and Goliath and Jonah and the Whale. He really enjoys books and after a few reads, can usually "read" them back to us. He has recently discovered the joy of hidden pictures and LOVES to do these. He's learning to cut with scissors and his coloring is improving. He'll tell you, "I'm not scribbling." He is independent and very headstrong. Last week, he told me at the door of his daycare, "Bye, Mom. I don't need you to come in with me today." He wants to try things by himself, but is quick to ask for help when he realizes he's in over his head. He eats just about anything...other than meat. He is a big helper - from picking up toys to retrieving things for others, he just enjoys helping others! He loves his baby brother so much and often gets more tickled about Eli's funny moments than Eli!

Eli's personality is really starting to develop. He's not "smiley" all the time like Riley was/is, but when he's really amused or tickled, his smile and laugh are infectious. He's very ticklish, especially under his chin. He's very impatient when things are working like he wants them to and quick to let you know. He's not a big cuddler, but gives the best hugs and kisses - on his terms. He loves music and things that light up. Right now, he's trying to gain the confidence to let go and walk. He will eat just about anything (so far) and has been such a good sleeper for us. He rarely cries or fusses - usually just when he's hungry, hurt or sleepy. I wanted to get him a "first Christmas" outfit but quickly found they don't make these in 24 months size - he's a big boy. He has two teeth on bottom and one on top with another soon to make its appearance. He loves his big brother and typically looks at Riley as though he hung the moon. 





I am so blessed to have two healthy, beautiful boys. As you can see, my boys look nothing alike, but I can definitely see where their personalities will be similar. I hope they will always love each other like they do now. Oh, I'm sure there will be lots of wrestling and fighting...and many broken things (and bones?) as a result, but I am certain God knew exactly what I needed when he made me the mom of two boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment