Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mom's (Early Morning) Reflections

It's Sunday morning (4:15 to be exact!) and I'm wide awake. I'm not really sure why but thought it a good opportunity to update the blog (bake some muffins for my boys, clean my floors and upload pictures to Shutterfly...geez!). There are lots of pictures on the camera so that will have to wait for another day...

RILEY
Riley seems to be getting the hang of the whole "playing soccer" thing. Jeff got his "payback" last Thursday for me pushing so hard to sign Riley up this year (and thus, him having to coach!)...I had to coach. The 5-0 record is still intact (thank goodness!) and Riley actually kicked the ball twice in a row. He loves his new "soccer friends" and last Thursday on the way to school we were discussing teamwork in preparation for the night's game.

Me: Tonight, we're going to play soccer! It's going to be great! We'll get to do teamwork!
Riley: Awesome! I like teamwork...I'm going to sit on the wall!

I can appreciate a player who knows his role. ha ha

Today is Halloween! Riley is Buzz Lightyear this year (yes, pictures WILL follow!). He wasn't all that excited about getting to wear his costume to go trick-or-treating tonight, which is so odd because I'm pretty sure I've responded to, "Mom! Can I wear my wings?" no less than 100 times in the last two weeks since they arrived. Nonetheless, Jeff managed to get it on him (with the promise of candy!) and they set out for a trip around the block. Pretty sure the Bulldogs (BEATING KENTUCKY!!) and other fun things in the area trumped trick-or-treating in our neighborhood as they were only able to find four houses to visit. He did leave it on for a bit and helped pass out candy to our visitors. One boy came to the door and held his bag out. Riley held the candy back and said, "Say, 'Trick or Treat!'" That's my rule-following boy!
"To infinity and beyond!"
3 1/2 years
ELI
Happy  NINE months to Eli! Wow! I can't believe it! Eli is now on turbo speed crawling and is pulling up to his knees but not really standing yet (and I'm TOTALLY ok with that!). He's transitioning to table food pretty well and seems to be a big fan of all things Chef Boyardee. He's babbling quite a bit and still things his big brother hung the moon. Just this afternoon, Riley took Eli for a wagon ride; I'm not sure who enjoyed it more (Sweet pictures to follow!)! Then Riley wanted me to pull them both in it, and let me tell you, that's a lot of "boy" to pull around the yard! 

Eli will be an octopus this year (I love hand-me-downs!) and next year, we'll let him be something other than Riley's hand-me-down costume! I mean, unless he wants to be Bob the Tomato, of course! ha ha

We take Eli to see his pediatrician Friday. I'm anxious to see how much he's grown since we haven't been in 3 months!
Eli at 9 months


The Waltons
FUMC Louisville Trunk or Treat

Mom's Journey
I am 33 days from the St. Jude's Half-Marathon and very ready to see that finish line. I had built up to the 10-mile run in preparation for a race in Jackson October 9, but then wasn't able to get all the other "pieces" of my life together to get there. So, I took a week "off" with some shorter runs and now I'm building back up again for the December 4 race. Today was 8.5 miles. While I'm nervous about the race, I'm also ready for it to be over. I'm looking forward to "no pressure" running for a while...just running to run and not feeling "guilty" because I didn't have time to get the distance in I needed. I have a friend who's wanting to run the 1/2 in Little Rock March 6, so we'll see how I feel when this is over. From what I've heard, I'll want to give it a few days...after the aches and pains subside. 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Hate you are awake and unable to sleep! Can't believe Eli is already 9 months old. Time goes by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete