Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We're Still Alive!

As I have admitted several times - I am a terrible blogger, especially when classes are in session. My apologies (again!). Here's the latest with the boys...

My sweet boys playing in the yard
RILEY
Riley is doing well in school and is officially potty-trained! He is playing soccer this fall;  tomorrow will be his second practice. His daddy is coaching and there are seven boys (aged 3-6) on his team. He is very excited and now has his own goal in the front yard to practice. He is definitely left-footed and is actually pretty good at controlling the ball as he runs. He  LOVES going to Cherubs at church. Wednesday is his favorite day of the week - he gets to go to school AND church. He thinks riding the church bus from daycare to the church (about 2 blocks) is the berries! He is certainly all boy and full-steam ahead all day long everyday.
Riley enjoying the Birmingham Zoo splash pad.
Labor Day 2010
Tyler and Matt took Riley out in a canoe at the annual church picnic. 
He still talks about the "red boat" weeks later.
ELI
Wow! Eli turned 8 months old last week. He started crawling last month (yet another reason the blog hasn't been updated!) and just yesterday had a tooth come through on the bottom. I'm pretty sure the one next to it is also coming in but you can't feel or see it yet. Tonight, he "met" macaroni and cheese and green beans - his first real table food and he seems to be a fan. He is clapping, shaking his head "no, no" and just in the last few days has started saying "Dada" and "Mama." He LOVES his "Ri Ri" and thinks chasing him around the house is the funniest thing ever. He is the most easy-going little guy! 
Learning to navigate the sippy cup
Enjoying the annual church picnic
While life is certainly busy (and at times, even hectic!), the moments when I am able to just sit and watch Riley and Eli play together make every tired bone in my body feel better. You can SEE how much they love each other - it's in their eyes and you can hear it in their laughter. I love everything about being the mom of two boys!

Mom's Weight-loss Journey
I'm still running. Most days, it's before the sun comes up, but running nonetheless. I had hoped to run my first 1/2 marathon this Saturday in Jackson but all my "moving parts" didn't fall into place to make it happen. I've decided to do a 10K October 16 and then just focus on preparing for the St. Jude's 1/2 marathon scheduled for December 4. I am now down 65 pounds and running about 20 miles in a week. My "short runs" are typically 4-6 miles with longer runs of about 7-9 miles. I feel amazing! I haven't been this fit/healthy (or this size!) in a LONG time. It's much harder to find time now that I'm back at work full-time, but Jeff is very encouraging and supportive on the days I just can't get out of bed at 5 a.m. and have to run later.

I have more pictures to upload from my camera. I will post a few from Riley's soccer practices and Eli's baptism last weekend in the next few days (I hope!).

1 comment:

  1. great pictures. great update.
    wish we knew you'd be at the Birmingham Zoo on Labor Day. We live two hours away.

    ReplyDelete