Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer's coming to an end!

I cannot believe how quickly this summer has passed! It makes me sad that school will be starting in just a few weeks. Lots going on with the boys!

Riley: The potty training progress has reversed. He is no longer pooping on the potty. That's all I'm going to say about that (because anything further will result in tears!). On a positive note, Riley's recognition of letters and their sounds is really progressing. We've found a few shows on MPB, and I've downloaded several apps on my iPhone that he enjoys. I am certain these are a big part of his progress. He's become quite a fan of the hidden objects games, and we found him a great book last weekend that is a must in the bedtime reading rotation. Despite the miserable heat, he still loves being outside!

Eli: It's hard to believe my baby will be 6 months old next week! He's outgrown all of his clothes, and we had to do some shopping for 24-month clothing to get though the rest of the summer. He is rolling all over the place and trying to sit up. He just recently started "fake coughing" and shaking his head "no!" - both of which he thinks are very funny! I think he has some teeth coming in on the bottom, too! He'll start his new daycare August 2; we feel really good about the situation. The lady that will keep him has a daughter Riley's age so Eli should feel right at home. He'll start where Riley is in January (or possibly December!).

Weight loss/Running progress: I'm excited to share that I am down 53 pounds from when I arrived at the hospital to deliver Eli. I am still running - about 15 to 18 miles per week. My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by Labor Day and then maintain. I started "counting calories" a few weeks ago and while I don't know how long I'll continue that (it's a bit of a pain!), it has certainly been an eye-opening experience. I was WAY underestimating the number of calories things had and thus, my daily intake. Whether I continue it or not, it's had a positive impact on the choices I make and has led me to explore healthier options.

The Waltons are all doing well!
We pray the same is true for you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment