Tuesday, April 20, 2010

5K done!

Last Saturday was the big race day! I finished (officially) in 34:14, but I'm thinking the times were a little off and I was probably closer to 36 minutes. Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited! I'm considering a 10K the second weekend in May. I'm planning to do my long run Thursday on a new 5.3 mile route and see how it goes. If I can do that, I may feel ready. If not, I'll probably go with another 5K before the June 12 10K in Ridgeland. Who knows? I'm just starting to enjoy this so we'll see...

So, the race discussions at the Walton house have led to some pretty funny Riley-isms. He associates all "races" with Cars.

A few of the funnies:

R: Mama, are you gonna have a flat tire?

R: Mama, are you gonna go race?
Me: Yes! You and daddy are going to meet me at the finish line.
R: Alright! There's gonna be fire...and smoke!
(I think he was really disappointed when I rounded the corner toward the finish line...and was not driving a race car!)

After my run last night, Riley wanted to "race" around the circle. He decided he was Lightning McQueen and I was Sally. As we left the driveway, he told me, "The race of the century is on!" as he ran up the street. Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment