Monday, February 15, 2010

Eli at two-weeks

We took Eli for his two-week check up today, and Dr. Ruff seemed pleased. Eli now weighs 10 pounds and 12 ounces (up nearly 2 pounds from his birth weight!) and is 22 1/2 inches long (+1 inch!). Everything else checked out great and we'll go back in 6 weeks.

When we returned from the trip to Starkville, we picked up Riley from school and took him to get his hair cut. He was very good and Mrs. Mellie made him look like such a big boy! I told him the other night his hair was crazy (and it is!) to which he promptly responded, "I need to go see Mrs. Vicki." Mrs. Vicki cut Riley's hair last time. Smart boy!

While we were at the salon, it started snowing - big, beautiful flakes (that melted as soon as they hit the ground!) so as soon as he got out of the truck, he took off to play in the falling snow. So wish some of it would stick long enough for him to make a "Crosty" (aka "Frosty").

Finally, in honor of yesterday's holiday, I have to brag on my husband for a minute. I'll be honest, I really worried about being able to "handle" two kids. And to be even more frank, I probably couldn't (and maintain any level of sanity!) if I didn't have a great husband who just happens to be a fabulous dad to both of our boys! I am so grateful for his help! Thanks, Mrs. Bobbie and Mr. Johnny, for raising such a great husband and daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment